Cook With California Competition (the “Competition”) is run by the California Wine Institute of Suite 1000, 425 Market Street, San Francisco, California 94105 U.S.A.. These terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) apply to the Competition.
1. You are aged eighteen (18) years or over as at 1 March 2021 and have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
2. Submitting an application form or receiving communication from California Wine Institute in relation to this application does not constitute an offer to participate in the Competition.
3. You shall abide by all the rules and protocols of the Competition and these Terms & Conditions (as may be amended or supplemented from time to time) and shall accept that California Wine Institute’s decision as to who is selected to participate as a Finalist is final and binding and you agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
4. You own all rights in any photograph(s) and/or audio visual and/or other material that you have submitted with the application form and/or may submit during the Competition process. By submitting your work to the Competition you give permission for your work to be published in any manner and over any platform. You grant California Wine Institute the permission to share submitted work with third parties, which may include but is not limited to other websites and social media platforms.
5. All information that Cook With California Competition collects, whether through registration, submissions, online data files, web cookies or through other means is not used in a way to disturb user privacy. Personal and team information is used for competition administration purposes.
6. If you are selected as a Finalist in the Competition, you may be asked to provide certain medical information relating to Covid-19 and whether you or members of your household are classified as clinically vulnerable. This is essential to ensure that the Finals can be produced safely.
7. If you are selected as a Finalist in the Competition, nothing in your contribution to the Competition shall be calculated to bring California Wine Institute into disrepute or prejudice the successful exploitation of the Competition and any such disrepute or prejudice may result in your disqualification from the Competition.
8. California Wine Institute reserves the right to determine if a team should be disqualified or not for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
9. California Wine Institute disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in relation to the Competition including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. California Wine Institute disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your involvement in the Competition.
10. You accept to completely indemnify California Wine Institute and its members and officers from and against all legal claims, liabilities, damages, losses, or any costs and expenses and any legal fees that arise out of your participation in the Competition.
11. Competition entries are legally the property of California Wine Institute upon submission. California Wine Institute reserves the right to publish submitted work on the California Wine Institute website and any other platform that seems fit.
12. Finalists in the Competition agree that they will participate in any interviews or publicity matter upon reasonable request.
13. California Wine Institute reserves the right to alter the content, associated dates, awards and publication of the Competition at any time. Further, California Wine Institute reserves the right to cancel, discontinue or terminate the Competition.
14. Any prizes awarded under the Competition are non-transferable and must be accepted and taken by the names participants in the Competition.
15. Employees or members of California Wine Institute may not enter the Competition.